Kathleen M. Eisin DDS, MS, PLLC
Periodontist in Grand Rapids MI
Kathleen Eisin was born and raised in the Chicagoland area. She graduated from Loyola University School of Dentistry of Chicago, then entered an Advanced Education in General Dentistry Residency in the U.S Army Dental Corps. After practicing comprehensive dentistry for 7 yrs, she spent the next three years achieving a Masters in Oral Biology and specialty training in Periodontics. In 2003, she went on to achieve board certification from the American Board of Periodontology and fellowship status from the International Congress of Oral Implantologists.
Following 13 yrs of active duty service as a U.S. Army Dental Corps officer, Kathleen moved to Michigan with her husband, a Grand Rapids native, to raise their two children. In 2007, she established a state-of-the-art periodontal practice that continues to support Grand Rapids and West Michigan with outstanding patient care.
Dr. Eisin has stayed active in her community and organized Dentistry. She is past president of the Kent County Dental Society (KCDS) and past board member for the West Michigan District Dental Society. Kathleen Eisin also enjoys teaching and sharing her knowledge of Periodontics and oral health with her patients and colleagues. She continues to serve as an active speaker at dental meetings and study clubs throughout West Michigan.
Her hobbies and down time include running, biking, skiing, enjoying the Michigan outdoors, and spending quality time with family.
(1981-1986) Biology (BS), Loyola University of Chicago, Chicago, IL
(1981-1986) ROTC Scholarship Loyola University.
(1986-1990) DDS, Loyola University School of Dentistry,
(1990-1991) Advanced Educational Program in General Dentistry, 1 Yr.
(1997-2000) Certificate in Periodontics, U.S. Army, Ft. Gordon and the Medical College of Georgia.
(1997-2000) Masters (MS) in Oral Biology, Medical College of Georgia, Augusta, GA
(2003) Board Certification through the American Board of Periodontology
Credentials & Advanced Education
- Diplomate, American Board of Periodontology, 2003
- Fellow, International Congress of Oral Implantologists, 2006
- Surgical Oral Implantology Program, Misch International Implant Institute and Temple University, Graduate 2005
- Prosthetic Oral Implantology Program, Misch International Implant Institute and Temple University, Graduate 2005
- Advanced Bone Grafting Course, Misch International Implant Institute and Temple University, 2005
Laser certification with Diode laser, 2007
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry Sinus Augmentation course, 2007
- University of Detroit Mercy Dental School, “Lip Stabilization – Treating a “Gummy Smile” Lip Stat Course 2014
- American Dental Association C.E.R.P, Implant Solutions for Edentulous Patients 2014
- Kent County District Dental Society. President 2016-17
- ADA American Dental Association
- AAP American Academy of Periodontology, Diplomate
- ICOI International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Fellow
- American Academy of Laser Dentistry
- American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- MDA Michigan Dental Association
- WMDDS West Michigan District Dental Society
- OSAP Organization for Safety and Asepsis Procedures
- AO Academy of Osseointegration
- Midwest Society of Periodontist